Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dog Treat Recipe #2

Due to popular demand, I've got another dog treat recipe.  Ummm, the demand might be from the four hounds currently hogging my electric blanket.

Boo Boo doing his best pathetic puggle imitation.
Doggy Treats
2 cups flour--again, it called for whole wheat, but I use regular flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tbl salt---I often leave this out.  If I don't use salt in my cooking, then my dogs don't need it either
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup water or broth

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare the cookie sheet by greasing or using parchment paper.  I use a silicon pad normally---no sticking and nothing wasted.  Combine the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients.  You may have to add a bit more flour if the dough is too sticky.  Once the dough is combined, roll about a teaspoon worth of dough into a ball and place on the cookie sheet, about 1/2 inch apart.  Flatten the balls.  You can use a fork to mush them peanut butter cookie style or I sometimes use a glass that has a design on the bottom if I plan on giving them away.  Pop them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned.  Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.  

No comments:

Post a Comment