Friday, February 15, 2013

Rescue a Pitbull

Pibble is part pitbull, part labrador and all a ball of energy.  She is also a rescue dog.  We adopted her from a wonderful organization, Mended Hearts.  A rescue dog gives a dog a second chance.  They usually need less training than a new puppy and are much less likely to come from a puppy mill.  Rescue dogs tend to have gotten off to a rough start and, in my mind, they are more grateful and loving.  They just seem to have a closer bond to their people than those who were purchased.  I have two rescue dogs who just epitomize the way rescues seem eager to become part of their pack.
Here she is the day she found her forever home---scared and too thin.
Pibble was found wandering the streets of Lafayette as a puppy.  I'm still not sure how she ended up in Indianapolis, but she came from a foster family that had other dogs to teach her how to socialize and she was crate trained.  She was almost completely house broken.  Most rescue dogs are up to date on their shots, spayed or neutered and microchipped.  Pibble was spayed, chipped and completely up to date on her shots.   Yes, I paid to adopt her but then I would have paid to buy a puppy at a store or breeder as well.  AND I would have had to pay for her to be spayed and chipped, and most likely update her shots.  I am so very happy to have her in my life and my little pack is a happy family.
Pibble and Boo Boo are my little "brown dogs and are the best of friends.
INDIANAPOLIS RESOURCES:






1 comment: